Water Shortage Plan
BE IT ORDAINED by the Town of Black Creek Board of Commissioners that a water shortage shall be deemed to exist when water demands by customers connected to the Town of Black Creek water system reaches the point where continued or increased demands results in the condition whereby customers cannot be supplied with water to protect their health and safety then the demand must be substantially curtailed to relieve water shortage.
Stage III water restriction is in effect until further notice if the town water storage levels drop to one-fourth capacity or less. The following is restricted usage.
- Induce water into a pool for any reason.
- Use water outside a structure for any use other than an emergency involving a fire.
- To water lawns, grass, trees, flowers and vegetables gardens. Common nurseries may be excluded. However, only ‘for sale’ items may be watered.
- Wash automobiles, trucks, trailers, boats, or any type of mobile equipment is not recommended.
- Limit use of clothes washing, dish washers, when used operate fully loaded.
- Limit flushing of toilets and use of bathtub bathing. Use of showers is recommended and no more than 4 minutes is recommended.
- Do not leave faucets running while shaving or rinsing dishes. Check for leaks or running toilets.
All citizens are encouraged to help with the water shortage, protect our future need for water, and help conserve this valuable commodity.